Today we have released a new version of SD Bench.
We didn’t plan to release this early, however thanks to your feedback we have added a new Speed Test / Benchmark category — Cached reads. Cached reads are reads that fully or partially comes from the RAM cache instead of SD card or phone memory. These results belongs to neither RAM, nor flash memory, so we created a new category.
In computer science, a cache is a component that transparently stores data so that future requests for that data can be served faster.
The keyword here is “Faster”. Now we have 3 separate speed categories:
Other changes in this version:
- New: Handling “cached reads”
- New: Manual submit
- New: Keep screen on & prevent screen timeout
- Improved: Result page (nicer & zoom option)
- Improved: Popular phone model name detection
- Improved: Longer tests are longer now
- Improved: About & Settings
- Fixed: Result screen rotation crash (FC)
- Fixed: Normalized decimal point usage
- Fixed: Some misspells